Saturday, March 11, 2006

LIfe in Cali

Well Life in Cali where do I start. Let’s start with the bad and end on a good note.

Traffic? Bad! If you don’t like the traffic in Dallas you will die in the traffic in California. The only times it seems there is not traffic is between 9pm-5am.

Unions? I don’t know your feelings on unions but Grocery unions have made shopping for essentials items not very convenient. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but I loved going to one place to get all the things I needed. But since their are only a view Super Wal-Mart’s and no Super Targets I have to go to both Grocery stores and Retail stores to get everything I need. I don’t know about you but my time is worth more than that time it takes to go to both stores. Not to mention the cost of gas. This brings me to my next topic.

Gas$$$$$!!!!!. The cost here is on average about $0.30 more than in Texas. Not to mention you have to drive farther or more to get to were your going. Who thought I would be saying that coming from Texas, drive farther? Texas may be spread out, but at least when we set up and area or city we make things convenient. Who cares if there are two of the same stores 5 minutes apart. At least you don’t have to drive every where to get what you want.

Good?? Well I'm sure there is some good I just haven't found much of it yet. With as busy as I am with work, not to mention it takes an hour to get their because of traffic, and the long hours Laura works, we haven't seen a whole lot of good.

Bowling League!!! Some good. Laura and I have been in the league since we got to Cali. It's been fun. My average is still only a 115 with a 94 handicap, but I have my own ball and shoes and my high game is 151. So I am improving!

Well I’ll wrap up here and save some thoughts going threw my head for my next couple of topics. Later.

4 Comments:

Blogger ArmandII said...

Jelaine and I really want to get our own bowling balls and stuff. Speaking of leagues...when we are all old and retired we should have our own bowling team. I know that means we would have to be close together, but we can make it happen. And I'll start working on the design for our customized bowling balls and shirts. Maybe it'll just be a "Gone Home" symbol!

Kilroy was here!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Viki said...

I think you can all go bowling and I'll sit there and keep score. Once in my life have I broken 100!

2:11 AM  
Blogger TreyJ said...

They don't like the Super Targets in Chicagoland, either. There are some industries and trades where unionization has done some good, but grocery stores don't strike me as one of those. Unions are mostly about political power these days and not necessarily what is in a workers' (or community's) best interest.

OK, now that the ranting is out of the way - I think you oughtta bolt from Cali as quickly as possible. (I know, it's not that easy.) That place is a nut house!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

its ok viki, i'm the third best /worse on the team. depends on how you look at it.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home