Monday, March 20, 2006

Hockey

Anbody who knows me knows I love hockey. In 2004-2005 I had season tickets to the Texas Tornado Junior Hockey Team in Frisco. That was an awesome year. The Tornado when third national title in 4 years and their first back to back national titles. So of course I get tickets for the next season again. Little did I know at the time that I would be moving to California and wouldn't get to go to only a hand full of games. I just went home for vaction and got to go to two games. Both games were awesome. First game we just dominated the other team winning 6-2 with the final goal being a shorthanded, empty net, from the defense zone on a face off. Think about it a minute. The next game was a little closer ending in a 3-3 tie at the end of regulation. Now on to overtime. Like pro hockey Junior has the 4 on 4 five minute sudden death overtime and if it gets past that a shoot out. Well the Tornado are a good team as you can imagine sitting first in there division and second in the league. So their chances are pretty good to come out on top. There I am sitting on the home side by the goal at the glass. The tornado are in the offensive zone moving the puck and push back to the point on the left side and a slap shot and SCORE!!!! Tornado win in overtime.

Needless to say Scott goes home a happy camper and his hockey team remains 3 points ahead of their division rival Texarkana. As you might have guessed this is one of the biggest things I miss not being in Texas. You would think that a town that had the Great One win a Stanley Cup in it would do more to promote the game of hockey, but oh well. I will just have to wait till I get back to Texas to go watch my favorite sport in person on a regular basis.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Well you don't need to watch tonites Stars game. Our team wasn't very good. Yes I really enjoyed going to the games with you

9:50 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I'll figure this out too, sooner or later " oldgoat37 ". Didn't mean to leave two comments when one would have done.

9:54 PM  
Blogger "E" said...

Thanks for the invite to game, guess i missed that phone call. Joke. Unfortunately as you know if it is not football it does not get the attention it deserves here in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!

2:30 AM  
Blogger H Noble said...

Scott:
Ice rinks in TEXAS don't make much sense. Don't blame us natives for not embrancing a foreigners sport. Just be happy watching the grass grow on the football field, you will be better off in the long run, promise!

hahahaha...

6:31 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Well I guess that I didnt make it clear in my blog, Texas has imbraced the sport, California has not, "The Great One" by the way is Wayne Gretzky and he played for the LA Kings for a while.

7:43 PM  
Blogger ArmandII said...

Hockey? Now, I know you play it on ice, but is that the one with the 41 lb rock and a bunch of brooms or the one where they run around in circles in spandex with funny looking roller blades?

Just curious...

Kilroy was here!

10:01 PM  
Blogger TreyJ said...

haha - scooter got the spam too!

at least it wasn't just me.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home